Wednesday 6 April 2016

Wednesday Walks and Woes......

I woke early today, Wednesday, as the sun was shining through the curtains and it was only 7.30am - I am not an early riser normally during these off season months......I am a hampster and sleep long hours storing away the hours preseason when in the summer months sleep is sacred and scarce........

So I opened the front door and a bird flew in .....hit it's head against the window and disappeared down by the sofa.  Now I am getting worried as Bella my cat might have noticed this and thought there was an extra plate of food on the menu today....trying to rescue the bird, a huge hornet then appeared, now I am panicking as my husband, Aris is still sleeping in the other room but has an allergy to wasps, bees and hornets so what do I do first....sorry but said bird my hubby comes first.......with a broom and spray I managed to evict the hornet, Bella the cat then decides this is a great new game and comes to join me......I am praying don't spot the bird.     And suddenly the bird (now is it a House Martin, Swift or Swallow - having googled it , it says they are all the same family I am advised but open and happy to be further informed) said bird wakes up from concussion and flies out...phew.......

Okay I now need a coffee or 3........more birds of the same family are rebuilding their nest outside my door, they arrive normally every year in April have their babies and fly off again.  The Greeks say it is bad luck to remove the nest so in fairness the 14 years I have been living in my little house here in the village of Avliotes they arrive and we welcome them literally with open arms....

So 3 coffees later and another beautiful bright sunny and warm day I really need to escape.  We walk up-to the village using the back road and we go to our local Kafenion, Landos Coffee Shop with hubby pointing out his family's old house from 50 years ago, we photograph this and the vibrant trees and then sink into the Kafe style life for a few hours, which after this morning's antics includes for me a few retsinas (of course to relieve my earlier stress - just saying) ....... before returning  back home to some early summer gardening.........

Just another lazy day in the village........




No comments:

Post a Comment